FX IT Testing Analyst - AVP - #100854
The FX eTrading Technology team is looking for a Testing Senior Analyst based in Bahrain who will work within the FXLM technology group testing applications across the eTrading stack and help to drive testing automation across all areas. Applications within the stack that the team work on range from market data connectivity platforms, new client facing algorithms, hedging and pricing platforms and interfaces to downstream systems.
Each tester is involved in the complete project lifecycle from requirements analysis and to design and implementation. The candidate will have experience of working in a fast paced Agile / TDD / BDD environment and of utilising test automation solutions for eTrading applications.
The candidate will report into the local QA lead in Bahrain, and interact with business and technology teams across the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering independent testing for at least one major application belonging to the FX eTrading stack.
- Contributing to the build out of automated testing.
- Execution of automated testing for functional and non-functional testing.
- Test case design & development, test case execution, reviews of requirements and other project artifacts.
- Assist the QA lead in the quantification and tracking of automation test coverage, designing testing KPIs, and reporting on corresponding metrics.
- Acting as a quality gate before software products are delivered to our clients.
- Identifying and highlighting ways to continuously optimise the way in which QA function operates to create an efficient, scalable team.
- Work with the business and Production Support to investigate issues and trap defects with regression tests.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements to enhance testing strategies.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Experience / Background
- Experience of working within a global functional QA Test team within the financial sector or for a major bank or client.
- Knowledge of test automation methodologies and experience of implementing test automation best practices.
- Experience of front to back testing of complex systems
- Experience of integrating automation tests into the build process e.g. Hudson, Jenkins.
- Experience of developing stubs and drivers.
- Experience of coding in Java to a working level.
- Experience of developing, extending and executing test automation frameworks for both functional and non-functional tests.
- Business domain knowledge of FX, Rates and Commodity Trading e.g. Pricing, Order Execution, and Trading/Auto hedge risk management, along with an understanding of high-volume low-latency systems will be a significant advantage.
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
- Experience with middleware communication layers such as tibjms, solace, ems
- Experience with FIX messaging protocol and KDB databases
- Effective and confident communicator with a strong passion for testing & quality
- Open minded, team player, good at building networks and leveraging resources
- Attention to detail
- Highly responsible
- Active and persistent
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive, and able to work independently
- Result-oriented and client-focused
- Proactive in problems-solving
- The ability to work in a demanding environment
- Strong test analysis and test case creation skills.
- Strong knowledge of test methodologies and experience of implementing test automation best practices.
- Knowledge of test automation tools and exchange simulators.
- Professional experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools for example Atlassian Jira.
- Demonstrable knowledge of acceptance test frameworks (e.g. Fitnesse, Cucumber) and programming or scripting languages such as Java, Python
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Technology Quality
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.