Accounts Assistant - #10492
Accounts Assistant - Full time
Contract type: 12 months fixed term with a view to permanent.
Start Date: July 2021 (or sooner by agreement).
We are offering you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of children!
The Governors and Head Teacher at the New Generation Private School are looking to appoint an exceptional Accounts Assistant to come and join our fantastic school.
The successful candidate must have the required skills and qualifications: -
· Should have a minimum BSc In Applied Accounting and be well-versed with accounting concepts.
· Up-to-date and fair knowledge of Accounting Standards IASB and IFRS
· Fair knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
· Good communication/writing (incl. handwritten and translation) skills in both English and Arabic.
· Good Interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good relationships with stakeholders of our organization. And can work with a team or when alone.
· Should be a problem-solver and have a good time management skills.
· Ability to work on both software and manual systems of accounting.
· Maintain professionalism, and secrecy of organization's confidential/ sensitive information at all times
The following is the Job Description of an Accounts Assistant: -
· Preparing daily receipts for the fee collected from the parents and maintaining a daily record of collections/ update receivables account. The cash collection should be timely deposited in the bank through our driver.
· Preparing Accurate Tax Invoices. Follow-up with parents for outstanding payments. Maintain a weekly list for this.
· Accurate preparation of payments with relative vouchers, documentation, etc.
· Prepare cheques for all payments. (Good Handwriting is a must)
· Maintain petty cash balance and records.
· Ability to perform Bank/ Vendor/ Customer reconciliation and resolve
· Assist the Finance Manager with preparation for Year-End Audit.
· Assist Finance Manager with the ongoing implementation of ERP. (High Priority)
· Maintain Filing as per instructions from the Finance Manager.
· Send the daily tasks completion report to the Finance Manager.
· Furthermore, gradually, the candidate should be able to take additional responsibilities for tasks assigned by the Finance Manager. (Be hard-working and a good learner)
· 12. Preparation of monthly payroll with accuracy and proper documentation.
· 13. Adherence to all organization's/departmental policies and procedures
Experience of work in previous Accounts/Finance Department setting is essential.
Work Timings: -
· TIME IN: 7:00 AM (Should be very punctual)
· TIME OUT: 3:30 PM (Should assure daily tasks and priority deadlines are completed before leaving)
· Working Days: Sunday to Thursday - 5 Days a week
· Holidays: Friday and Saturday (Work on Saturday and special events, if required by the Management)
· Probation Period: 6-months
As a school we can offer you:
- A commitment to outstanding professional development opportunities.
- An outstanding working environment.
If you have the experience and would like to make a real difference to the life chances of our pupils, then we would love to hear from you.
Visits: Please telephone + (973) 17235000 + (973) 77235000
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS closure will be required. NGPS is an equal opportunities employer (as defined by Bahrain Labor Law & Constitution)
*Referees will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From BD1.000 per month
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Arabic (Preferred)