Director of Finance - #10946
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
The Director of Finance will lead the Finance department and act as a true business partner to the operations. The main responsibilities cover account management, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, controlling and safeguarding the assets, with the aim to optimise hotels profitability and owner return.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Finance, you will lead the Finance department and Finance team. The hotel will be integrated into the Finance Shared Service Center which handles the transactional accounting aspects of most task. Accordingly, the Director of Finance will be more focusing on the Operational and Commercial aspects of the Finance functions. Specifically, you will be responsible of performing the following tasks to the highest standards (non-exhaustive list):
- Ensure that Finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports
- Work with the Finance Managers/General/Hotel Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the General/Hotel Manager and/or Accounting and Finance Departments
- Ensure appropriate financial accounting and controls in collaboration with the Shared Service Center.
- Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Lead monthly finance update meetings with General Manager/Hotel team
- Comply with hotel and company policies and procedures across the area, maximising performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard
- Review the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed
- Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
- Manage effectively the cash flow of the hotel to optimize the operation and deliver Owner returns.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Finance serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant Accounting / Finance degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from a known academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, especially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with the hotel systems