Senior Analyst - Network Planning MEA - #26671
(2100C13)Bahrain-Kingdom of Bahrain-Muharraq | Full-time | Permanent | Standard
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our "Insanely Customer Centric" Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
Support the planning of the intra-regional door to door transportation networks in the Middle East and Africa, linking to DHL’s Intercontinental Network and other Regional Networks and thus provide industry leading delivery performance standards by a combination of in-house and joint venture partnership relationships with cargo and passenger airlines.Main Responsibilities
- Apply analytical expertise to support Network Management Group in order to identify opportunities to improve the Network.
- To establish or enhance the reporting systems to be more proactive to respond and react quicker and to identify root causes of any performance deviations.
- Support the optimization of the MEA regional network making changes on a permanent basis with regard to network design, timings and capacity allocation to maximize revenue potentials and minimize unit costs.
- Monitor the implementation of the regional networks to maximize DHL Express’s service delivery capability at the lowest cost base commensurate with achieve the performance goals demanded and with the maximum revenue potential
- Develop network scenarios and implement DHL Express Regional Network Strategy.
- To design networks, develop schedules, rotation and capacity allocation as well as contingency plans.
- Utilizing existing tools and methodologies to conduct in-depth analysis to identify issues, problems and opportunities. And to produce business cases (NCR’s) proposals to optimize the regional air & road networks.
- To work in close cooperation with Global Aviation, Commercial, Express, Global & Regional Network Planning, Ground Operations and Network Control to develop the optimal regional networks for DHL Express.
- Operate financial modeling, ground line haul and airline flight planning/operations tools & tasks.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent industry experience; emphasizing Business Studies, Statistics, Economics, Management science or Finance in Business.
- Minimum of 2 years with a leading worldwide cargo or global integrator in commercial , finance or planning departments.
- Fluent in in English, Arabic or French is a plus.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of demand/supply/pricing mechanism in the air cargo market
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good attitude, great service mind, strong leadership and good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SQL is an advantage or any other programing tools
SkillsLogistics Related Numerical Skills
- Highly sensitive to price quotations and data in relation to the impact on cost and service.
- Ability to break down large pieces of complex data, and simplify into understandable content.
- Requirement to use factual data and tools, as well as industry and business events to forecast scenarios, use of analytical data to draw conclusions quickly and make recommendations in advance.
- Actively seek out business and industry trends and be quick to react to changes in historical data/business lanes and traffic flows.
- Think outside the box, challenge status quo, and be driven by a passion for continuous improvement and refinement.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of demand/supply/pricing mechanism in the air cargo market.
- Ability to explain, articulate and convince internal and external customers as well as stakeholders in a simple, clear manner.
- Able to break down complex tasks and ideas and convey them in a simple storyline encompassing all key components using non-technical terms for everyday understanding.
Posting Legal Entity DHL Aviation EEMEA B.S.C.(c)
Employee Referral ProgramRefer a Friend
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.