Senior Manager, Sales Bahrain - #30474
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come join our Insanely Customer Centric Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
Ensure DHL’s market leadership position is maintained and the ‘gap’ between our competitors and DHL is maintained.
The department is structured by geographical areas in which a Territory Manager has complete responsibility for the protection of existing revenue and development of new / additional revenue streams. Yield Management is equally important and emphasis will be placed upon this factor through objective setting by the Sales Manager
Manage / Direct and lead the Sales team in Bahrain. Attain team revenue and yield targets through organisation, planning and direction of the team. As well as manage all activities related to the retail segment, including cash & promotions. The position will also provide support to in standardising Bahrain Country Office approach to design, layout, and location of retail centres / Service Points.
Commercial / Sales:
- Recruit, train and motivate the sales staff to ensure necessary quality and quantity of staff are deployed to meet targets and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer database are always updated and maintained through use of Comet.
- Ensure sales team have regular call cycle planned and actioned accordingly.
- To manage and co-ordinate the sales team to ensure country revenue targets are met.
- Draft department business plan that will show how to achieve set targets for growth in revenue and yield for the year.
- Maintain focus on price and value in a competitive market to ensure maximum yield.
- Identify reporting requirements and produce agreed reports in accordance with country standards.
- Ensure service quality is maintained and service issues addressed promptly to maximise customer satisfaction and retention rates.
- Study and understand existing and prospective customer shipping requirements and to work closely with the sales team to ensure continued growth and development of existing accounts.
- Ensure constant new revenue opportunity and retention levels are always high and as targeted.
- Protect DHL market position from aggressive competitive attack.
- Develop and motivate a team of experienced sales professionals.
- Management of each individual and territory.
- On the job coaching and training / spending large % of time on the road with each sales team member.
- Staff related issues around territory/portfolio performance.
- Contract pricing levels.
- Target setting each quarter or as frequent as required.
- Cost control.
- Responsible for the implementation of Retail strategies across the Bahrain Market, monitoring product and revenue performance against plan.
- Implement a systemised value range of packing materials including displays, stock control and price lists. Harmonise design, layout and the overall approach to this segment through a clearly communicated policy.
- Provide effective ways to promote the retail segment through loyalty programs, promotions, training and other value added services.
- Develop clear sales processes, which enhance the service offering to our customers, and are aligned to the Global Sales Process.
- Assist Retail Supervisor in setting targets for TDI and value added services.
- Maintain awareness of competitor activity and recommend tactics to counter any emerging threats by competitors on both an Area and Local level.
- Develop pricing strategies which encourage profitable growth.
- Deploy an automated point of sale system, ie: POS/ROS. Review and analyse the most effective uses of automation and customer take up.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years DHL sales experience
- Experience in Multi-cultural environment
- Proven track record in field sales / key accounts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DHL products and systems
- Computer literacy
- People management experience
- Planning and organising
- Relationship building
- Influencing people
- Communication oral and written
- Analytically astute
- Commercial focus
- Personal motivation
- Negotiation skills
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.