Customs Customer Contact Group Agent - #32170
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our "Insanely Customer Centric" Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
- The Customs Customer Contract Agent is responsible for calling and answering customer calls and to ensure all customers are contacted for prompt clearance of shipments which are held or could be held by customs.
- All held shipments are followed up on a daily basis as per network standards and provide a competent, courteous, efficient and proactive point of contact for customers both internal and external.
- The agent is also responsible in helping to achieve Gateway KPI through effectively working together as a team with the rest of the Gateway staffs.
- Provide a high level of customer service and professionalism taking into account the consideration that all DHL customers have an express requirement and are looking for instant and immediate action.
- Follow Gateway clearance procedures as outlined in the manual to comply with the GSOP/ISO procedures and safe working practices.
- Record and maintain customer master file (DCC/DCE) in thus offering DHL’s most suitable service to the customer.
- Daily updates on clearance status of all shipments held in customs for clearance in ACA/HMS.
- Daily check points to be created for network visibility using appropriate exception codes
- Track and trace shipments in adherence to DHL’s network trace standards and investigate thoroughly undelivered, returned, delayed, lost, damaged and held shipments. Ensure that the customer is fully updated on any query or issue within the agreed time of one hour and if an alternate call back time has been agreed with the customer on a specific issue/query, the job holder has to enter this into GEMA and adhere to this deadline
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all departments, DHL network, products and services so that customers are provided accurate information on transit times, clearance delays, custom paperwork requirements, packing, accounting and sales queries with confidence at all times.
- Highlight any recurring problems that are manifested through traces and then direct the information accordingly so that corrective actions can be taken promptly.
- Highlight opportunities and suggest solutions to improve DHL’s procedures, technology and service so that DHL can provide continuously universally high level of service to all customers.
- Work effectively both individually and as part of a team to achieve both individual and department goals and objectives and strive consistently to promote a positive team spirit.
- Deal competently with customer complaints and take all possible actions to resolve the issue to their fullest satisfaction with minimal intervention of team leaders.
- Improve the efficiency in relation to the quality of call while monitoring via the available AVAYA.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Educational background, with an extensive knowledge of the Service Industry.
- DHL experience with thorough knowledge of the network and track & trace procedures is an advantage.
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good standard of written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Passion for Customer Delight.
- Good Interpersonal skills and relationship building.
- Team player.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.